One Infinity Later...

It's funny how MCU grew on me in a relatively short timespan. Six years ago, when I went to see the ol' good Avengers, all I knew about the universe was basically:

  • they have the Hulk
  • they have Iron Man
  • they don't have Batman onboard 
TBH the only reason I went for a Marvel movie was because we were going as a larger group - and my expectations were pretty low. Before that, I only watched the first Spiderman movie. And we know how perfect old Spidermen were.

And I came out of the cinema completely bewildered. Enchanted Mesmerized. But I could ramble about MCU for a long time. That's not the point here.

Neither is writing down another review of Infinity War, especially two weeks after the premiere, when everyone and their dog already watched the movie.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I just want to add my two cents to the sea of speculation, hopes and fan theories that the Internet is buzzing with regarding what happened in the finale and what might happen in the sequel. Disclaimer here - I barely read the comics yet, so I might commit some serious blasphemy here. Please forgive me if I do.

The Great Snap left me seriously devastated. I didn't expect so many heroes to go. Spidey. Star Lord. Even the death of seemingly secondary characters, like Falcon, touched me to the core. I admit I was pretty sure the heroes will find a way to stop Thanos. Kill him off just before the snap. Destroy Vision's stone for good. Pull out some deus ex machina off their figurative ass Sure thing, some heroes were expected to go. I was pretty sure Stark is a goner after his fight on Titan. But I didn't expect a defeat of such magnitude.

And you know what? I hope they (the heroes) won't find a way to magically bring all those people back. And that the filmmakers won't just go lazy and end up restoring the old status quo in IW2. I am dying to see how heroes will cope with the fundamental change Thanos brought by wiping out half of life in the Universe. How the MCU as a whole will adapt. The potential for growth and expansion is pretty much infinite here (pun totally intended) - wasting it would be an incredible shame.

So yeah, I hope (or rather - wouldn't be surprised) if we don't see Spidey again. If the interrupted "motherf-" remains Nick Fury's last on-screen quote. Or if Steve has to cope with losing Bucky once and for all. This would be a perfect way for MCU to evolve and adapt.

I can't deny I am also dying to see what Shuri, Banner and Stark - three most brilliant minds shown in MCU so far - will do to avenge their friends.

All in all, Marvel has already shown how masterful their worldbuilding skills are. Just look up one of the many dozen articles that point out all the tiny details interconnecting the movies. Same goes for bigger things - a simple YT breakdown of Iron Man's suits shows how much this setting evolved and how much changed since the first Iron Man aired.


It's pretty amazing how primitive and crude Iron Man from 2008 looks, compared to the one from IW, or even the Avengers, right? And so does evolve the whole universe. This is just incredible to watch and follow - and TBH it's one of main reasons I love MCU so much.

So yeah. I really hope the writers will find a way to get out of the whole Infinity Gauntlet conundrum without resorting to something as simple as time travel or magical resurrection. MCU is already a one-time experience - and I am sure they have many aces up their sleeve to marvel us with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stepping Stones

[Rimworld] Survivors of the Berenice - parts I & II