[Kerbal Space Program] One year in

Time for a short summary of my space program's first year. Yay!


KSP has always been a funny game for me - and I actually don't mean the enjoyment here. I mean, it's (literally) a blast to play and the satisfaction from seeing my designs work is immeasurable - but there is one more thing to that.

Namely, despite >2k hours played, I never actually managed to go past the closest planets. In stock solar system, I only made it to Dres (Ceres analogue), with only small probes sent beyond. In modded games I didn't even move past the moons.

One reason is that I quickly get burnt out and jump to another ideas/games. So far it seems I might have finally broken the curse here - by sorta forcing myself to keep going via this AAR (and, by extension, this blog). And, happily, it seems that this mode is actually motivating me to keep going, instead of getting burnt out quicker. So, that's a plus.

Another is that KSP is pretty notorious with updates breaking saves/mods - but this time I'm playing on a completely separate build (which is already outdated by like 3 major updates to the game) - so (hopefully) nothing Squad does can break my game now. :3

And with those two things solved, I can keep on going deeper into the void - all the way to the furthest reaches of space!

I also should resume the Rimworld AAR...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stepping Stones

[Rimworld] Survivors of the Berenice - parts I & II