[Xenoblade Chronicles 2] Above the Sea of Clouds

I have always been a proud member of the PC Master Gaming race. This sorta changed a few years ago, when I got myself a 3DS with Fire Emblem: Awakening. And a few days ago I decided to join yet another party I am hopelessly late for and got myself a brand new Switch.

Yes, I know the rumors about some new system to be announced by Nintendo soon(ish). I initially wanted to wait until E3, but upon hearing no new system is to be announced there, decided to take the risk. Especially since my "I want" list of games kept growing with every passing month.

And heck, no regrets here whatsoever.

First game out of the "to do" list is Xenoblade Chronicles 2. And yes, at this very point I shamelessly admit half the reason I decided to get it was Homura/Pyra and her... Valours. 

In my defense, the other half  was an almost unanimous praise I heard from each and every of my friends who had already gotten their copy earlier.


Since I'm only about 12 hours in (didn't even finished the 2nd chapter yet...), I can't say much about the story or the game as a whole - but what I've already seen is... great. And promising.

Graphics are (obviously) not exactly on par with PC in terms of resolution and realism, but they are simply breathtaking, well thought and original. This is the first time since Skyrim where at some points I just threw the whole questing thing aside and gawked at backgrounds and landscapes for a good hour or so.

And the best thing - those views are coupled with pretty good music, fun gameplay and plot that so far (let me repeat - I am just starting) grabbed me by the neck and took on an action-packed rollercoaster ride I am pretty much unable to stop.


I'll definitely try to write up some actual review once I get the whole game done. And for now - excuse me, my Switch just stopped recharging. I must start playing before my wife notices an opportunity to push her own save forward. ^^'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stepping Stones

[Rimworld] Survivors of the Berenice - parts I & II